Polycarbonate Greenhouses are one of the strongest greenhouse coverings and are as almost as transparent as glass. They are available in corrugated single layer or flat twin-wall thicknesses, and is easily cut and installed.
Polycarbonate greenhouse kits provides your plants an environment that can face all sorts of temperature and climate. They are quite effective and stronger and there is no need for special care compared to glass. Polycarbonate can be simply replaced by a traditional gardener, unlike a glassess replacement, for which you may need to hire a contractor. It is also a perfect solution when it comes to winter gardening and protecting your plants from weather elements.
Best Polycarbonate greenhouses are designed to provide hobbyists and avid gardeners alike the opportunity for endless gardening in all seasons.
The greenhouse kits available on the market come in different size and materials. Of all these materials, the most durable is Polycarbonate. These sheets retain defused light in the exact spectrum that the plants need, letting sunlight feed the chloroplast even outside the growing season.
Why choose a polycarbonate greenhouse?
Main reasons for choosing a polycarbonate greenhouse are:
- Easier set-up
- Protects plants and you from the direct sunlight
- Provides a bright atmosphere for plants
- Provides a stable and steady temperature for plants in cold winter season because of the heat-retention feature
- Better light dispersing qualities
- Versatile which could even surpass glass
- The thick plastic material product is an overall cheaper option
What makes a polycarbonate greenhouse any good?
Greenhouses with polycarbonate panels are becoming increasingly popular and look set to overtake glass as the main ingredient used for covering greenhouses. Few of the main benefits associated with buying a polycarbonate greenhouse.
Better Insulation: Polycarbonate panels product provides your greenhouse with better insulation properties than a regular, glass greenhouse and also has better heat retention properties. Less heat is lost through polycarbonate material that means that they have a higher average temperature than traditional greenhouses. Such is essential as it keeps plants warmer, much more cost-effective to run and improved overall performance.
Longer Lasting: Polycarbonate panels are stronger, which enables them to take much more damage before it gives way. Also polycarbonate panels product tends to be much lighter than glass, which makes them far easier to fit and handle and easily replace them.
Better Light Diffusion and UV Protection: As plastic being thicker than glass, it provide's better light diffusion which leads light being spread much more evenly throughout the greenhouse. This is of great advantage to growing plants, as all areas within the greenhouse will see an equal amount of sunlight, which is key for growth.
In many greenhouses, polycarbonate panels covers would eliminate the need to move plants higher or use any artificial lighting. Additionally, this is a natural ultraviolet filter, meaning that it protects your plants from excessive exposure to harmful radiation.
Extended Growing Season: The benefits of polycarbonate panels leads to improvement of overall performance of a greenhouse, which primarily leads to a prolonged growing season. This allows you to get more out of your plants and vegetables all year round. An extended growing season will allow you to harvest more vegetables or fruits for all the time and money you invest. A naturally extended growing season means less artificial heating; saving on electricity, money and most importantly time!
Which is the best polycarbonate greenhouse?
We at ShopGrowSpaces carry the best greenhouse kits and proud to recommend best models we carry
Riverstone Monticello Greenhouse 8x16 - Special Edition
This is probably the best-value Polycarbonate greenhouse on the market. Not only it'svery durable, but it is also easy to assemble. This is a type of greenhouse where you can install proper ventilation tools easily. The heat retention from the Polycarbonate covering is worldclass. Manufactured and designed in the USA, you are getting a top-notch greenhouse. Riverstone has many years of experience in the greenhouse industry and offers a lot more sizes and packages. You can check these out here!
The Monticello Greenhouse Special Edition is based on the most popular greenhouse size with some customized features. It includes:
- The 7'6'' height that veers from the normal height of most greenhouse models. This unique feature allows tall gardeners to stand comfortably in their greenhouse.
- The unusual height feature also means natural cooling and ventilation that eliminates the problem of overheating.
- Durable and long-lasting design that includes an integrated rainwater gutter system, two 6ft x 4.4ft double doors with double hinges, and automated roof vent openers.
- Ten years warranty period for frames and Polycarbonate roof and side walls
- Average aluminum content for the framework is 40 lbs more than other greenhouse models, making it one of the most durable, if not the most durable frame.
- Includes 8mm Polycarbonate twin-wall that provides warmth during winter and coolness in summer.
- Top-quality features and materials that conserve energy consumption while providing the ultimate growing environment for your crops.
Hoklartherm Riga XL Greenhouse
Riga are European-inspired designs which means that it is capable of growing plants such as flowers, fresh vegetables, and herbs even in dead winter. With one of the best insulation and the onion-shaped design, it can withstand even the hardest winter.
Finest features of this greenhouse design include:
- Affordable price for a durable and strong greenhouse model
- Includes two Horse Barn style 38” wide x 72” tall doors that are installed in the front and back of the greenhouse
- Designed and manufactured by Hoklartherm, one of the leading manufacturers in Germany for hobby and commercial greenhouses
- All four sides of the greenhouse have 16mm Triple-wall Polycarbonate glazing that is also UV coated
- Onion shape withstands extreme winds and snow loads
- Warranty is 15 years for the frame, and 10 years prorated after five years for the triple Polycarbonate walls
- Automated openers for the 37.5” wide x 39.5” length roof windows
- Includes 4 “L-shaped” anchor bars that can be attached to a wood or concrete frame